Monday, March 2, 2009

Oriental Cupie Doll


I bought this cute little Oriental cupie doll when my sister and I visited New York City's China Town in the early 1980's. Painting it brought back pleasant memories.
The challenge was to see the shapes of each value, mix the paint and place it in minimal strokes. Painting a low key design on a white canvas panel requires the use of juicier and thicker paint to fill the tooth of the canvas. It forced me to use more paint than I normally would. This is a good practice, as I've been known to stretch paint, like I stretch pennies.

Please disregard the glare on the painting. I'll get a better photo when the paint dries.

"Oriental Cupie Doll", Original Oil, Daily Painting from Life, 6x4.
Contact the artist for purchase information.

No comments:

Post a Comment