Saturday, March 21, 2009

Clarissa's Carnations


Friday evening I spoke to the Rutledge, TN General Federation of W oman's Club about my art. Since no one died during the meeting, I think it is safe to assume that I did not bore them to death. Several of these gracious ladies have collected my paintings or prints for years, for which I am appreciative.
I showed several of my early paintings, even the first one I ever did in 1991. That simple little stroke work wooden heart shows me how far I have come, but it also reminds me how much more I have to learn.
Clarissa Ellis entertained the group with her singing and piano playing. Talk about talent!! Not only can she sing and play, she is one of the premier floral designers in the United States. She shared a bouquet of red carnations with us. I hope you enjoy my interpretation in oil of these lovely flowers. It was fun to paint!

Clarissa' Carnations, Oringinal Oil on panel, 4x6

No comments:

Post a Comment